Tuesday, March 30, 2010

the beginning of the long road

so first post, hi, my name is Jamie and I'm a mother of two girls, Sophia & Ava, and happily married to my husband Dale. Early 2009 we began to look into adoption. With the hundreds of websites, and various information snips it was confusing at first, but we have narrowed everything down and now we're on the waiting list to adopt a child from Ethiopia. HURRAY!!!! I know that you waiting parents are probably understanding the feelings we're going through. We're so excited and just READY to start...but its going to be a long process so I try not to think to much about it all day. The girls keep me busy enough, but on down time I'm checking emails, looking up questions I randomly come up with and of course, watching the dozens of youtube videos of Gotcha Days, and first time meetings. I'm anxious to start blogging about our experiences, as well as to get to know the families that are also adopting. Any advice or tips from you experienced parents would be great...no matter what it is!!

0 comments: