Thursday, April 15, 2010

"ART" Projects










Not sure what to do with all the artwork your kids are starting to create and home, or bringing home from school? A while ago I noticed the girls seemed really interested in the art work I had hanging in our living room. It was just a few pre-framed pictures I'd picked up at Walmart that I thought would fit in with our decor. That's when I got the idea, instead of having a fridge that looked like it had been attacked by a paper and crayon monster I'd incorporate what the girls made into our everyday living space. I went back to Walmart and picked up four EMPTY frames, at home I took our roll of easel paper and stretched it across the kitchen table where the girls sit. Then I dispensed the crayons and felts and sat back with a coffee to relax...and to watch that crayon was going on the paper and not on clothes and faces. When the girls were done I picked four areas that were the most colored, or decorated and cut them to fit the frames I'd already pre-measured. I hung my new works-of-art in our living room. Now when we have company, the first thing the girls want to do is show of their little masterpieces hanging for all to see. I know that their so proud of what they do. We replace the pictures with new ones every one or two months, it depends on the artist moods. ( and the mamas ) and I put the old ones into a folder to keep for the girls. It's a great way to display all that creativity that our kids are full of, and makes the kids feel incredibly special.




0 comments: